Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday....April 26th....2009

Getting ready for brunch with son Jim and daughter in law Jenn...then off to the coast with Steve and Nancy....back to Portland on Wednesday to look at three condos.

Had a great Wings Seminar yesterday...Linda held up well and we both came away glad we had made the trek to Eugene.. It is unusual to have a one day seminar...and we gained a lot in the one day. It was "Change Your Mind...Change the World".This 1-day seminar explored this transformation.....learning the skills to do something different, create new patterns and live with intention going towards what one wants. ...I liked the statement..."when I change, there is a ripple effect" and " I wanted to change the world but found out the only thing one can be sure of change is oneself". Another was "when the door open, go through it".

The seminar was a great review for both of us about focusing on ourselves and what we want to see in our lives and the world......that is how change is made in the world....

A little "gift" in the seminar was a sharing by a participant who has a "feel good binder" where she has kept past letters, awards, etc. for herself.....and when she feels down or...she takes out the binder as a reminder of what she has achieved and more....great idea!

Anyway, on to the beach with friends.

ps.........Wings Seminars...... http://www.wings-seminars.com/ We highly recommend it to all.......check out their web site....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, thanks for sharing the Wings experience. Who needs one of those daily inspiration books? All I need to do is check in with the blog and there it is......my thought, inspiration, view on life for the day.....and sometimes a funny cartoon to put a smile on my face.
We will watch the Indy Car race today and wish it was a different series. Still fun to follow our guys.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of focus on yourself. I tend to forget that it starts within. My attitude does have a ripple affect, and I dont like negative. A simple smile definitely can make someones day. Thanks for the reminder. Have a wonderful day, and week. Thinkin bout ya both, Love Ya, Vicky

Kim & Ernie said...

Just read your Friday blog. It sounds like you got some straight forward advice, as sobering as it was, I am glad your doctors are being so honest.

Then I scrolled down to see your smiling face with your friend Claudia. I agree with Marilyn, all I need to do is read your blog to remind me how important it is to live in the moment and take it all in. You are such a great role model, even while you are going through so much.

Love
Kim & Ernie

Unknown said...

Dave and Linda I thank you again for dinner. I really can't comment on the food, because I was just so happy to be visiting with the two of you that I didn't taste much. Linda, you just so amaze me with your spirit and happiness...you are one "tough" lady and I mean that in only the best sense of the word.
I am hoping your house sells quickly and you move to our "hood"