Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday...September 30th....2008

After a 100K loss in our portfolio yesterday, here's Linda...........

We arrived yesterday late afternoon at the beautiful Puerto Vallarta penthouse condo we rented for a week. We only ventured out to pick up a few things at a market to sustain us; otherwise we have been getting some much needed rest. The past five days had been spent doing a couple's seminar at Wings in Eugene which was quite tiring for both of us since we had colds. Actually Dave had the cold first, and try as he might not to, he passed it on to me. Of course, it went right down to my lungs, so I called up my oncologist, and he called in a prescription for antibiotics for me. It has been helping, so I'm better everyday.

The seminar was really sweet. I love watching the movement of couples relationships from the first day to the last. I really struggled with my hearing, though, and realized I must get a hearing aid when I get back to Oregon in December. The chemo did some damage to my already failing hearing, so if I'm in a large room I cannot hear people talking without a microphone. When people are feeling vulnerable, their voices seem to lower anyway.

We're looking forward to our week here in Mexico, resting, getting some sun, and exploring. The weather is humid, but nothing like my son's wedding party and guests had here a year ago. The walls in the master suite and great room totally open up to views of the ocean and coast line. We left the doors open last night, and it was great to sleep to the sound of the waves.

I hope life is treating you all well wherever you are.

Love and gratitude........Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the hit to your 401K, OUCH! Hope you can relax and get healthy in sunny Mexico. :)

Best wishes,
Susan & Rick

PTRacing said...

It's only a lost on paper, tomorrow you could gain it all back. Have fun in Mexico!

Best of Luck
Wayne

Unknown said...

Linda you look so well. It makes me feel good to see that smile. You two take care and have a sunny, relaxing time...I have never done Mexico, but hope to do so before I leave this earth...