Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday...July 9th...2008

Linda is doing well..outworked me today...we were out in the country pulling weeds and washing windows..and...and ...at the $1.5 million spec house we'd dearly like to sell.....I find I don't have the energy I had a year ago...not sure if it is old age crashing in..or the medications I am still on...or the effects of this past year...or...or. I just know I'm worried about it...the stamina is not there. Today I had to rest every 10 minutes towards the end of the day....and Linda came out to help finish the project.

We saw King Corn tonight,..a movie ALL should see..then look in your refrig and pantry to see the corn fructose in your food...and understand what is in the beef you eat...etc..etc...ghastly.

Tomorrow we go out early to finish projects at the house for sale...then we take the motor home out for a week at the beach and points in between.

Like I said, Linda is looking good!

ps..saw Feast of Love last night...somewhat sexual in nature but that's part of the point..deals with mutliple relationships and what occurs within each one...again....Morgan Freeman stars and is the "wise neighbor everyone would like to have......as a neighbor".

Linda and I are back into movies as the "reality TV" is taking a break...but I think Big Brother is coming back next week in its 10th episode..we are totally bored with the IRL races...maybe because our guys are struggling with "crap" equipment.....and we're not big Kyle Busch fans as he seems to be winning in whatever he races in in NASCAR ( we are going to a race in late August in the motor home in California though).

I forgot to mention Linda is joining me on the August team for the Crossover Seminar for Wings..she hasn't done it in years....it will be exciting . We both are on the couples seminar team called Listening Heart in September as we had to cancel last year because of Linda's illness...

What is Wings?...go to http://www.wings-seminars.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lately I visit the blog to get advise on what movies to rent! I love it. John continues to be tied down going to the hospital to visit his son. I am in the middle of a woodworking project-refinishing the doors in all the rooms. You are selling a $1.5 million house.....and I am selling tickets to a Buffett concert. Both ends of the spectrum....no buyers so far!
Have fun on your trip. Glad you are getting some use out of that new motor home.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Dave, treat yourself with tender care. I am not at all surprised to hear your stamina seems lower right now than previously. You've been through so much -- both your own medical situation and Linda's and granddaughter's accident and the loss of CC -- that's a lot of big things for one body to handle. Don't you dare beat yourself up over being tired. Give yourself permission to rest and restore. And let others take care of their own stuff for awhile while you take care of you. And Wings will be very uplifting -- yeah, I know -- a pun. :-) As for a final thought, Louise Hay's affirmation for today is: Today I give myself permission to do absolutely nothing!

Put those feet up and take a snooze. It'll all be there when you wake up.

wrapping you BOTH in the golden glow of healing love...

Susie

Cheryl Jones said...

You MUST promise that you'll give me a chance to see the two of you when you're down here for NASCAR! Remember that offer I've made before... in case you want to take a fun day or two while you're in the area. There's a certain Mouse who'd love to see you.

Take care of yourself, Dave, and don't worry too much. Maybe it's the meds, or diet or maybe you're just plain worn out right now. You'll get better, just keep positive.

Love to you both, as always.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Dave,

Even though we haven't written much lately, we think about you a lot. Glad to hear that Linda's cough is better, and hope that Dave regains his "getup & go" soon. Does your trip to SoCal for NASCAR include a relaxing side trip to Doheny or San Clemente? :) If so, we'd love to meet up with you!

Love,
Susan & Rick