Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday...November 26th....2009

Here's Linda....

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone....
.
I got up early and started baking. We were invited to Stu and Beth's house (they live in Wilderness Lake Preserve like us) along with 40 other people. I didn't want there to be a lack of desserts, so I went a little crazy, and as it turned out there was enough for 80 people at least!
.
We had a delightful time and were introduced to a new couple, where she had just been diagnosed this year with lung cancer. Hopefully, I can inspire her to embrace where she is on her journey and learn to live her life to the fullest.
.
We came home early so I can get a good rest tonight as I have a 10:00 am chemo tomorrow. I'm content having talked by phone to all of the kids to make sure they are having a good Thanksgiving. Hopefully you all have also.
.
Love and gratitude.......Linda

ps...Stu at the piano with me and Beth
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like you are having a great time. We had 18 friends and family members here today. John and I are winding down by cleaning up. There are many things to be greatful today and the two of you are on the top of our list. Thanks for helping the both of us grow in so many ways.
Marilyn

Cheryl Jones said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Dad and I spent the day at the San Diego Zoo and had a lovely turkey lunch with all the fixin's. Tomorrow we're off to Sea World.

Hope you continue to have a good holiday weekend. Love to you both as always.

Jennifer Saucy said...

Hope you both had a great day. Jillian just made us Mac & Cheese for round two. We love you both.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful you've come this far, L, and that you continue to move forward and heal and repair and renew. And I'm so enjoing being just the smallest of parts in this journey for you. Would I could do more.

Keeping the both of you and each of you wrapped in that lovely golden glow of healing peace and love and energy and warmth. And an added little dollop of aid for all our digestive systems today -- I think they need it. :-)

Susie

Anonymous said...

I was in an area with no cell service. Actually that is a nice place to be on occassion..I thought about you all day so as soon as I got to a place with internet, I got on to wish you both a very happy turkey day. I imagine your desserts were the hit of the day. I have had a few and I must admit, you put me to shame and I always thought desserts were one of my strengths! Thank you for adding Nedora to your prayer list..she is doing well right now and we are all loving that fact.
Your weather looks wonderful. We have nothing but rain and a bit of chill where I am now.
Want you to know I am greatful for having you as a friend, both as a teenager and again now as af "little ole lady"
Claudia