Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday .....June 27th....2008

It's been a busy but fun week. It was great visiting with my cousin Ruth from Nebraska and reliving childhood memories and college years at the U of Nebraska. Many of you will remember her as the one who wrote to us on the blog about the "new normal". She had had a lot of experience with that, being the caregiver for her late husband, Skip, during his cancer a few years ago. I wish we had been given more time to visit, sight see, and play cards, but I am very grateful for the time we had and the promise that we will do it again soon.

We also had a chance to get together with Jim and Stephanie Taylor again last night, meeting them for dinner at our local Mexican restaurant of choice and to play another couple games of cards. I'm afraid I had no luck and embarrassed myself by my skill level which was nil. It was still lots of fun, and we'll miss them when they leave their hatchery job this week.

Love and gratitude.....Linda

Ruth and Linda...Black Butte Ranch
.


Camp Sherman Post Office


Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery

Metolius River
.

Eeeecks! I know how to play better than this.....
.


Jim and Stephanie


Jim above trying to figure out how he lost again...to Stephanie and then Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see your cute hairstyle. And you are looking
just great! Wish we ran into each other at CC events but....
Continue taking care. We think
of you both. Julie of Bob & Julie Brown, Denver

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed our visit with you. Wish we could say we'll see you next year, but with the price of fuel, don't know if we can afford to do this volunteer stuff again.
Dave, Jim is still trying to figure out how you could have beaten him by just 1 lousy point and doesn't think it's enough to brag about either!
You're good friends and we'll miss you. We'll keep up with you via this blog.
Take good care,
Stephanie & Jim

Anonymous said...

Linda - you look awesome!! :) Great pics.

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you...

Have a Happy 4th of July!


Love,
Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dave and Linda, for a great visit and for the picture CD. What is the matter with your camera, Dave, that my hair LOOKS gray?
I enjoyed the cards. It was a reminder of the many hours that we played pitch, Linda, in the 60's. It seems that we laugh more now though and aren't quite as competitive..at least you and I aren't.
I am putting "CD of Rasmussen slides" on my list of "to-do's".

I stopped north of Portland at a roadside stand and bought cherries. What a treat! I came home to pick the raspberries in the garden...good, but not as good as the cherries. Maybe some will show up in the stores here.
Love and prayers,
Ruth