Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday.....June 4...2008

What's with the cough?

We still don't know...Linda thinks the cough is better....the doctor has yet to call but Linda's not pressing the issue as she wants to give things a bit of time to see if things are working...

We are hidden away in a little B and B on the McKenzie river near Eugene, OR....not the nicest of days here on the "west side" (we live on the "east side"....east side of the Cascade Mountains). The river is very high and running swift so no fishermen out today..usually there are drift boats going by all day long.

Pictures tomorrow if the sun comes out....

Last night Sallie and Dave Hennessy came for dinner...Linda cooked....it was pretty good ....maybe I should hire her again (I've been cooking for four years as I fired Linda from the kitchen at that time...and she left laughing all the way out the door). We played cards (5 crowns) and of course the visitors beat us badly.....we should start leaving out part of the rules when we explain the game to give us a chance.

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm beginning to think about my trip West the last week of June. I've never heard of Five Crowns and I've played lots of different kinds of card games. Maybe I'd better do some research in case you don't tell ME all of the rules.
Our weather is rainy but with lightning, thunder, tornadoes and hail. Seattle's type of rain will be welcome. See you soon.
Love,
Ruth Ann