Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday....March 8th...2010

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

You'll be older too,
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds,
Who could ask for more.
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

Every summer we can rent a cottage,
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away

Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four.

Miss Linda will be 64 this coming Saturday....we all were singing the above Beatle's song at dinner tonight....

Linda walked a long way today with brother Darron.....he leaves tomorrow...just as the weather starts warming up (for sure)...
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting all the words! I don't think I ever knew them all.

I shall look for brother Darron at the airport tomorrow (and you too). My flight is Continental at 2:35, or 2:25 or something around that. LOL. I tend to leave it a little bit close so I won't be there until about 1 PM but if you see someone that looks familiar, perhaps 'tis I!

I bought a card today for Miss Linda. And then another. Then I scooped up everything so they are now safely packed! I'll mail them when I get back to LA where, presumably, it has finally stopped raining.

Marjorie

Anonymous said...

WOW you look like a new woman! If I had your Florida address I would know where to send the birthday CASH!!
Claudia

Julie Miles said...

You look amazing... and I am so glad that you took some time to treat yourself! You of all people deserve to be pampered on a daily basis, besides what Dave does for you:)...
I love you....

Anonymous said...

Great to read the lyrics to the song since I know someone else :) turning 64 this year.
You look great, Linda, walking in sunshine. Have a fun birthday! You are taking great care of her, Dave.
Love and prayers,
Ruth Ann

Anonymous said...

Love the hair cut, love the song, love the newly renewed attitude. Keep it up Linda Lou, your cheering section is right behind you!!

Love,
Mary

Wendy Soethe said...

Love your haircut! Got my computer back tonight - helps so much to have my personal pc as work is crazy and doesn't allow much time for personal business. Chris and I just got back from our annual marriage retreat - it was wonderful! Trying to follow your great example!

Although we had a great weekend (one up there with the best) we have still had Vicky and Grandma on our hearts and plan to go down soon. You are on our hearts as always.

Love you, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Just had my birthday.....63. I will copy the words so that John can start practicing for next year.
We just returned from three weeks in Aruba. That was a great break from winter. I like the picture of you with the red pants....wear more red. It reflects your strong personality!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Linda, you look so beautiful with your new do and the weather looks to be great as well. Today it is very cold here so be thankful you are where there is some warmth. Can't believe you are going to be 64 but isn't that a beautiful song. When I sang that years ago, I thought I could never be 64 and yet, here it comes. I love you.

Judy