Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday......March 4th.....2010

Dave has gone to Costco, and I am awaiting an infusion of fluids and anti-nausea meds after a visit with the doctor. I have been nauseous the last four days or so; don't know if it's the crud or not, but glad for any help I can get. I'm having a blood test taken as I write, so hopefully that will be good. I am so anxious to have the pet scan done on the 15th. I haven't had one since I was first diagnosed with cancer, and if it shows no new signs of cancer anywhere, we will have so much cause to celebrate!

The sun is shining outside, although it is still chilly. The temp will be going up every day finally being really warm by the day Darron flies home. He's been such a good sport, but I have felt so bad for him being ill and unable to golf. We've had some good visits, though. We were looking at pictures of fishing trips to Alaska, and reliving great memories. I forgot how young we were!

Thanks for your love and support through our family sadness.

Love and gratitude.......Linda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appreciate all the updates...hope you are all feeling better soon. Prayers are continually sent your way. Love, Shar and Darrell

Anonymous said...

Linda good to hear from you. I was getting very concerned even though Dave said the computer was having problems. Hopefully, after today you will post that the "Crud" has left Florida!
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind as I'm trying to keep up with Mom and do my "normal" things as well.

Always good to hear from you in person, Linda. We love you!

I checked the blogspot and sent the link to a friend of mine who lives in Palm Harbor. You never know who knows who, who knows who, who might want to buy it. I wish I could but it's too far from Mom to be useful if I ever need to move here for a while to be close to her.

To brighten everyone's spirits I'll report that we had a fabulous day today with 35 people at Lee's Chinese Restaurant for lunch. Quite the gala. Then some new friends over late in the day and Mom prepared an impromptu dinner.

Tomorrow we start on year 97 with lunch at PFChangs with PTsMom.

All the best,
Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Linda. We have you in our prayers daily. Kick that crud to curb and get to feeling better soon. Hope the warm
and sunny Florida shows up for you soon. You two have a lot going on right now and our thoughts are with you. Don't know how you do it, you two are amazing. Take care of each other!

Love, Nancy, Jim, Gene and Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey there! You get to feeling better woman! Hope this "crud" doesn't linger on too long for you and that you are able to enjoy the sunshine. It still sounds like it is kind of cold down there though. 60 here tomorrow. Love ya,

Ginnie

Anonymous said...

How are those guys treating you? So sorry to hear about Dave's sister now his mother. WOW!
Ken and I have been battling the "Crud" also. Just starting to feel like our energy is coming back.
On top of that we lost our 19 year old poodle, Teddy. We gave him hospice care at home. Dennis is still quiet as he took care of him more.
I found out why Dennis had not been sleeping, he was rubbing Teddy to sleep after he got home from work.
We have gloomy weather today with rain at least it isn't snow. We probably will have so flooding.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Love,
Janet

Marissa said...

Wow so much cruddy-ness these days! No more crud! Feel better all of you!

Anonymous said...

you are so welcome... we need to get together... suggest a time and we'll try to do a card time with the ashleys and us! Hope Darren isn't too annoyed with our weather ... a heat wave for him no doubt. hugs grace and frank