Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday.....March 18th....2010

I'm back in the infusion room for my chemo, so thought I'd let you know what this doctor said. I am glad now that Dr. Kornfeld left me a message, as that way Dave was able to read it and Dr Weaver listened to it. He says there is always a percentage discrepancy from one scan to the other, sometimes just depending on the radiologist reading it. As long as there isn't a difference in the tumor of 10 to 15% one way or the other, they will stick to the regimen.

We can't afford to be switching chemos and drugs when there or so few options left open to me. I don't want to run out while I'm doing so good. Anyway, I'm ecstatic with the "stable" news, and am glad you are all out there celebrating with me. I believe your love and prayers are the reason I am doing so well, so I am celebrating you, also. HIP-HIP-HOORAY for you!

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. I ran out of space to display all the cards. All the love really lifted my spirits, and I had one of my best days in a long time.

Love and gratitude...........Linda..
.
ps...Dave's sense of humor:
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh HAPPY DAY. Cheers for us. You, really, but I'll cheer for anyone you want me to when we get news this good.

Marjorie

Darron said...

Linda you have always been stable. Good news that you are staying on Alimta and need not be out on the street searching for something new. Lots of water, warmth and walks. (WWW) Back to my day trading. We love you Linda.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. We have had a touch of spring here in the Midwest, so I took advantage of the nice weather and cleaned out some of the garden areas. Snow this weekend. This was just a tease.
Linda, we KNEW the jokes had to be from Dave. He keeps us laughing!
Again, so glad to hear that you are stable.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, (late)! I will catch up with you on April 18 but for now still 63. I had forgotten the old Beatles song, guess that's what age does to me. I am hoping that at least two out of three kids show up (when I'm 64).

Cousin Dave