Friday, February 11, 2011

Thursday.....February 10th...2011

Dave found Linda's "I'm going to beat this because"...written sometime during her cancer journey...she wrote down 4 things on 4 different pieces of "I'm going to beat this because.....

They were:

1. I'm going to beat this because I want to travel to Nebraska in the motor coach with Marlin and Joni in June.....she did accomplish this and saw her many relatives and was very happy and satisfied she had carried through with this desire.....

2. I'm going to beat this because I want to travel to Egypt and Greece..... not accomplished....she dreamed of going to Europe and specifically the middle eastern countries of Egypt and Greece....towards the end she just wanted to fly to California to see her friend Mary....Mary came to see her instead....

3. I'm going to beat this because I want to be here for Janine's wedding and the grandchild's birth and babyhood....Janine has other ideas like being single....Linda loved babies...and loved dearly her two grand children...she just couldn't figure out why there could only be 2 of them with 5 kids...

4. I'm going to beat this because I want to watch Jeff grow into the life he dreams of with a home and a family....this was the one she carried to the end...she wanted so much for Jeff....she always saw him as very talented and personable and never quite understood the directions he has taken....he still has time...plenty of time...and his Mother IS watching and still dreaming her dream for him....

4 comments:

Glen and Sibyll said...

Thank you, Dave, for sharing these wonderful insights; what would life and the world be like without dreams and people courageous enough to dream!!! On your 30th anniversary celebration we Linda and I shared some of the (then revised) dreams ... two mothers drawn very close by greatly similar dreams. Both of us are watching over our "kids" from different vantage points now, still dreaming on with all the hope and love a heart and soul can hold ... good thing a soul is not limited by physical size! Thanks to all the deep and open sharing of Linda's Journey I feel closer to her now than I ever was able to before, since our times together were so limited in the last decade! I'm forever grateful to you and all the contributing family members and friends for that privilege!
With Linda in our hearts, we send you an extra helping of love and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I haven't been able to comment on this until now.

I hope I said "thank you" enough times along the way to both you and Linda to let you know how much I appreciate your trust and support in all the endeavours we approached.

I still can't tell whether the tears are from grief or gratitude.

Hope you are doing well, my friend, and
THANK YOU!!!

manic

Anonymous said...

As I have said before Linda you have a perfect view of Egypt from the Heavens!! Kay

Anonymous said...

Wow Dave, love the list brought tears to my eyes, tanks so much for sharing with us :)