Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday....February 1st....2011

Number 4 Special Linda Friend's presentation at the Celebration of Linda......

"When I shared with Linda some 25 years ago that Roman and I wanted to
get married in just over a month, she jumped right in to help me make it
a special day. She offered their beautiful back yard for the wedding
then made sure every detail was taken care of as only Linda can. It was
the perfect day and Linda made me a beautiful wedding book that I
treasure still today.

As you all know, there really is nothing Linda couldn't do and do well.
She was especially gifted at decorations and colors, what went with this
and that. It was not so many of the beautiful things in my home over
the years were a result of her handiwork.

I was able to work beside her in some of her rentals clear back when she
was in Salem and I learned construction from an expert. She taught me
so much over the years. I was able to completely remodel our West Salem
house and even take on the construction of our new home. Even though
Linda didn't lift a hammer in that house, her design tips are
everywhere. I was blessed to have her stay with me this past summer
while Dave was helping in a Wings Seminar and was able to share with her
all her did to make this house our home. I was able to share with her
my beautiful garden today like she had shared with me her garden some 25
years ago. There will be a new Rose bush in my garden in her memory,
however, she will forever be a Rose in my heart. I love you, Linda. "

Your friend, Judy


"Linda and I became friends in the early 80's. Really don't know why we
connected so well but we did. She had that air of self confidence and
strength that I admired from the very beginning and it drew me to her.
I was single at the time and struggling with a new business venture.
Her words of encouragement kept me going many times but more than that
she showed by example there was nothing a woman couldn't do and be
really good at it besides.

When I think back over the years, of all the time we talked about our
businesses and I would ask for her input on some situation, she never
gave me solutions, instead we would talk thru the problem till the
answers became clear. She had a way about her that always made me feel
special and on my drives back from Bend or Sisters or even Canby, I
Always felt I was so blessed to have her to share with."

No comments: