Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday...... October 1st....... 2010

Hello, this is LaVonne, a new Wings friend of Linda's.

We've worked together for two days here in Eugene. Linda is taking time to care for herself and is still very present and supportive in the seminar (she baked cookies this morning...). This is a couple's seminar and Linda and Dave bring the poignant reminder to live life IN THIS MOMENT. There is wonderful connection, story sharing, love, tears and laughter. For me personally, Linda is a reminder that I am the only one who can take care of me. I am blessed by her presence and example.

Monday Dave and Linda will be in Portland and up on "the hill" at OHSU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was wondering how the seminar was going.

I love this post at this moment as I was wondering if we'd made the right decision to go out to dinner or if we should just stay home. Dinner! Yes! There is never a better time to spend with your loved one than right NOW.

Marjorie

Anonymous said...

I met Linda and Dave on a several hour flight from Tampa to Kansas City where I got off and they continued home...that was over a yearish. Linda and Dave put such an impression on me...Linda and I talked almost the whole flight. I have followed the blog since then and they are both such strong people. I believe we meet people for a reason..I believe Linda and I share the same b'day? You both have taught me to live in the present..you never know what 2morrow will bring and you never know how long it will last. Thank you both..and stay strong! Kay Egypt is still waiting :)

Anonymous said...

As one who knows how precious time with loved ones is, watching Linda and Dave is beyond inspiring. We don't get "do overs" here so we have to live each day in a way that we can look back on and feel good about. Linda and Dave show me that each and everytime I see them.
Claudia