Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday....October 3rd....2010

I have spent the last several days assisting Listening Heart with Dave and Linda. They have both inspired me and have left an indelible impression.

I realize this blog is about Linda's journey. And I would like to focus on the incredible gentleman who so graciously accompanies her.

The way Dave looks at Linda, whether it is a furtive, flirtatious glance, or a prolonged connection, creates a palpable presence of absolute, unconditional love. Dave relishes in the joy each moment with Linda brings him. Dave takes lightly those moments of "spilled milk" to which I have so freely given my energy. And he finds such joy in moments he shares with her, and with friends--moments I may have once considered trivial. I am certain that Linda's condition renders each moment as priceless and precious. And yet, non of us can guarantee that we will be sharing our next moment with the people we hold dearest.

Dave has been granted a beautiful gift in each moment he shares with this incredibly strong and beautiful woman. And I can say the same for each moment I spend with my children, with my lover, with my friends.

Dave has inspired me to embrace the gift of each moment shared with the people I love.

Linda, you are one lucky lady.

Jon B. Albertson, Listening Heart Assist Team, Oct 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These testimonials are so beautiful. So true. So honest. They bring tears to my eyes.

How fortunate we all are to be within this circle of friends.

Marjorie