Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday...September 7th...2009

We made it home today...safe and sound....

Shortly after arriving back in Oregon, friend and colleague Roger Traweek passed away.....more on that soon....as soon as we absorb things a bit...it hit Linda especially hard....he was a special man...

Tomorrow is a "relax day"..... we do have a dinner in Bend and an evening with the Lance Armstrong funded DEFEAT CANCER program....and we pick up Sadie the Lady fro son Jeff....

Pictures are coming in on our "IDENTIFY YOUR FELLOW BLOGGER" program....get yours to Dave at dave@lindavwood.com .......avoid the use of cartoons where your picture should be by getting you pics in....that includes Miss Swee who is very cute and "picturesque".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry to hear about Roger's passing. Our thoughts are with you.

As for the photo... you know, a cartoon of me wouldn't be bad??!!! I just had my hair donated to Locks of Love so Jim says I look like Dora! Maybe we could just use an image of her??!! (LOL)

Take care, and have a great week! We're thinking of you!!


Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda,
I am deeply sorry to read about yours & Dave's dear friend Roger passing away. I am sending you my biggest hug, & much love & prayers for YOU today. PLEASE feel all the love, support, & strength that all your family, friends, collegues, & boat loads of others that love & admire you are sending your way! REST, REFLECT, & RECHARGE!
Lots of Love, Rhody

Anonymous said...

My guess is that whether or not we bloggers send a picture, Dave will find a way to bring "humor" to the display. That's fine with me. I have spent my life laughing at myself...and I never seem to run out of material.
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Sorry to hear about Roger. Loss is a part of life, but it is never easy.
We had fun during our trip to Nebraska. We finally broke the curse, the Cornhuskers won, big time. It is the first victory we have witnessed in person. I had the feeling this was our LAST CHANCE for an invitation to attend a game. Since my nephew works for the team, we had a chance to do a lot of "insider" things. We even had a press pass that allowed us on the field. There were over 85,000 at the game.
Rest up. Dave, be gentle with us when you post the pictures.
Marilyn

Cheryl Jones said...

Oh, dang. I'm very sorry to hear that Roger passed away. Hope you two are doing okay.

How long do we have to get our photos in to you? I'm sure I have something, but have to go find it, resize and email. Hmmm...maybe I have one here at work from the recent English Country Ball. I'll take a look. Don't want to miss out!

Love to you both, as always.