Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday....September 24th....2009


Dave says I'm hyper with too much energy, so I have to do the blog. I'm back on steroids for a while which is great for finally giving me an appetite, but I'm so keyed up I can't sleep. I get rid of one problem and gain another. Only one more day, though, and my steroids get cut in half. I shouldn't complain, as it is nice to want to eat again. I was losing way too much weight.

I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered today from brother Darron and wife LaVelle. Thanks, guys! They perked me right up.

My pain is down enough that I am off the pain pills, but will sure be glad when the incisions heal up. I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini any more. I need to be exercising again to tone up my weakened muscles, but finding the energy for that is not easy.

We have friends Don and Deb coming for dinner tomorrow night, so I am looking forward to that and maybe playing some cards. I love card games, even if I don't win. I won the last two with Janine, though, so maybe I'm on a roll.

Love and gratitude......Linda

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Linda, if anyone is looking so closely at you in your bikini that they are troubled by laparoscopy scars (which do lessen with time), you -- or Dave -- have my permission to clobber them between the eyes with a bottle of suntan lotion. Or, you could tell them that you are an alien and you are looking back at your with your extra eyes.

Enjoy eating! I always do. The problem is that the pants always shrink the first time I do a laundry when I come home from a trip. Do you think those two things are related? Siiiiiigh.

Cheryl Jones said...

I have trouble finding the energy to exercise and I don't have a good excuse like you do. Seems like when I do workout, I end up in worse shape afterward than before. I can choose fat or sore muscles and sciatic nerve action. Hmmm... hard decision, actually.

Eat, eat, eat!! You need to be strong and healthy. Eat! (I sound like an Italian mother)

If you want to wear a bikini, go for it, girl! Those stupid little scars can't hold you back.

Love to you both, as always.

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda,

Woke up early again to pray for both you & Dave, in the
quiet & peaceful wee hours of the morning. Dennie is
sound asleep, & Shane is home for a long weekend, to
celebrate our oldest grand daughter, Chloe's 2nd birthday. He too is sleeping. Do you love the peaceful quiet of the early morning hours? It is a good time to pray, reflect, &
prioritize, what is important to spend our energy on for the
coming day & what is not! You have your glow & smile back in this photo! Way to go Dave! I love this photo of
Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so right Linda..... Sometimes it is
the little things in life, that will lift our spirits, like flowers.
Sending LOL, Rhody

Anonymous said...

Linda, You look great! It's so wonderful hearing that you're hungry again and have the energy to fix dinner and eat it! You are an inspiration to everyone. Watching any F1/Indy Car races?Indy Car is rather pathetic. Hopefully it will stick around and improve itself! Take care and tell Dave he's doing a terrific job as Head Nurse! Julie and Bob Brown

Anonymous said...

Great to see you looking so perky! Save some of those steroids for me. I need about two days of extra energy to get my house and yard in readiness for winter...
Thinking happy thoughts for both of you.
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you looking so beautiful and I do mean you, not just the flowers. So enjoyed talking with you on the phone but wanted to let you know I love you.
PS.
I haven't worn a bikini for 20 years but then I never had your figure. Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda & Dave! Linda you look great in this photo... I think those flowers really did perk you up!

Looking forward to your return to Tampa... movie night is greatly improved here and Steve & Ethel will be home again soon as well.

Very much looking forward to us all being together again soon!

Cheers to you and Dave and will see you soon.

Love, Mike