Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday...December 4th...2010

I am feeling so blessed after the last couple days. Here I was going through a grieving process when Jim and Janine showed up to set up the tree. Then Nancy and Ginnie showed up and put up the lights and ornaments to make the tree absolutely beautiful.
.
The crowning glory was when four beautiful friends (Judy, Rhodie, Maureen, and Kathy) showed up last night serenading me in matching pajamas. Of course they had a pair for me which I hastily put on. What a night we had. We ate. looked at old pictures, and made beautiful new memories. My days of making memories are not over which was great for my morale. These gals gave me a gift that can not be measured and hopefully we can do it again. We called it a slumber party even though everyone went home at 11:00 so I could get my beauty sleep.
.
I know it was necessary to go through the grieving process,, but I am grateful for all of you that got me out of my funk. Christmas always puts me in a good mood.

Love and Gratitude.......Linda...
.
























.


30 years of marriage..

Dave and Linda were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.

Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared . She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.'

Linda answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband, Dave.
The fairy waved her magic wand and - poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

Dave thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry Linda, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.

Linda and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.

So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...Dave became 92 years old.

The moral of this story:

Men who are ungrateful bastards should remember fairies are female.....

9 comments:

Kim & Ernie said...

Linda

I see a sparkle in your eyes, I haven't seen in awhile. Looks like the girls did some magic! Wish I could have been there to see that in person.

Lots of Love
Kim & Ernie

Anonymous said...

What a glorious idea! Linda, your photograher does a good job of capturing the Love that surrounds you. I bet you went to bed with quite a smile on your face.
Marilyn
P.S. The Peanut Gallery sends its heartfelt thanks to your wonderful friends for bringing that Holiday Magic your way! Your cyberspace supporters are sitting at their computers wearing virtual matching pajamas wondering how that 92 year old husband of yours is going to keep up with you! LOL

Jennifer Saucy said...

What fun!!! Looks like Dave may have been invited to his first sleepover. (just guessing because someone had to take the pictures). I'm sure that put a smile on both of your faces. Can't wait to come over and see the house.
I love you both so much.
Jenn

Julie Miles said...

Adorable. Girlfriends are the best medicine ever! Thank u ladies for giving her a night of FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

O
M
G!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D HAHAHAhahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Those are FANTASTIC photos -- and what tremendously insightful and strong women you have as friends -- insightful to know what you need, and strong to put the plan into action as well as be there for ALL of the journey. But it's only fitting -- for what each of us gives out is mirrored back to us. i.e., You yourself, Linda, are wonderfully insightful and miraculously strong.

Here's to more days and more memories and much more laughing. All those things go well with cookies.

Wrapping you in that spectacular golden glow of healing energy and light and love. May you feel it right down into your bones.

Hugs,
Susie

Marcy said...

My mom had so much fun with you and everyone at the slumber party!

Anonymous said...

Still laughing at the joke! I didn't expect that!
I am finally home again and ready to bake some cookies..looks like you got a good start on some and they look delicious.
The "slumber" gals are great, aren't they? Makes me wish I had organized such an event. Love the pictures. Linda, I keep repeating, YOU are amazing. If you want to lick your wounds a bit, you have every right to do so. I know you will deal and be back to "our Linda" in no time, but you deserve to grieve. We all do. I love you. See you Wed.

Lindy said...

Linda- What wonderful special friends you have. We all love you! Looks like a fun baking party. Love it! Lindy

shelly paul said...

What a great story...both the friends visiting and the fairy! I absolutely love the photo where the ladies are giving Linda reindeer antlers!!

Take care,
shelly & jason paul