Monday, December 6, 2010

Tuesday....December 6th...2010

Elizabeth Edwards has been advised by her doctors that further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive. "She is resting at home with family and friends," said the Edwards family in a statement issued.

Edwards posted to Facebook on Monday, an incredible "spot on" statement worth repeating

You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel towards everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dave for reminding us once again of how fragile it all is for each and everyone of us.

We love you both from the depths of our hearts. God Bless.

Mary

Anonymous said...

We've been away (went to Miami for the Dolphins-Browns game) and am finally catching up on your blog. Dave and Linda - the two of you are amazing! We are so glad we met you at the Champ Car races years ago - do miss those days, that's for sure.

Linda - love the pics of you during your "slumber party." :)

We're always thinking of the two of you... hopefully we can make it out there for a visit soon.

Till then... sending lots of love and hugs, especially for this holiday season!

Love ya!
Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing statement. Really does put into words what we all think every day. I had the most fabulous time with you on Friday, there is no way we can ever repeat such a moment and I am so happy we were able to put it together. Memories that will last a lifetime. I love you both so much, you truly inspire me. Judy

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. She was a true example of how to live our lives, just as you are, Linda. She truly lived the motto of living every day with grace. I can see why you so identified with her.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That statement is a reality check for all of us. How differently would we live our lives if we believed that tomorrow was our last day? The Linda I know, wouldn't have to do a whole lot different. You have made good decisions and choices in life. That is why you have so many people loving you and pulling for you each and every day...see you later today, Dear Friend...