Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Evening......October 11th

Day 6...a pretty good day...signs of things to come?



Today has been a day of mixed emotions. The pain has been as high as the last several days, but I haven't felt as sick as usual, so there were times I was wishing I were in Mexico witnessing Jim's wedding. I still believe I made the right decision staying home, but it's been hard wanting so badly to be there with my family on such an important family occasion. I'll just have to look forward to viewing the pictures.

I had company today which helped past the time. A neighbor down the street stopped by and my cousin Ron Stock, a doctor from Eugene, stopped to visit on his way to a medical conference in Sun River. I also took a nice walk to pick up the mail in the beautiful fall weather. I find I have more energy than usual walking which is good.

Linda

Today is a remarkable day...Linda is some of her "old self"...more alert and although still in pain, her presence is much more than it has been in a long time...have we turned the corner? Each day will bring more healing and much more of the Linda we all know...maybe some setbacks but I sense she is starting on the road back. Linda is paying attention to things that weren't in her focus or priority a day ago.

Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Linda. Let's hope this is THE CORNER and good health and great energy are just around the bend.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful to hear that things are starting to turn! We're still thinking of you both often and admiring the strength you've demonstrated through all of this.

Keep up the fight!

Cheryl Jones said...

So glad to hear you're doing better, Linda! I'll keep sending you positive thoughts to continue your recovery.

Love to you and Dave.

Anonymous said...

First of all, it is interesting looking up your blog from Mexico because everything (with exception to what you wrote and the comments from others) is delivered in Spanish. So instead of it saying "anonymous says" it says "anonimo dijo" and so on.

Second of all, thinking of you a lot today and yesterday. You were brought up a lot yesterday at the wedding by many during speeches and other times and it was clear that you were missed and that so many people care for you and are pulling for you. We all took TONS of pictures and will share when we get home. It was SOOOO humid yesterday we were just dripping sweat, so be happy with the tape. Your phentanyl patch would have slid off!!

Wendy, Jeff and I, along with many other people just took a tour up in the Mexican jungle where we did 15 of these cool ziplines across the canyons and jungle canopies. It was amazing. Wendy held a Burmese python around her neck.

Anyway, love you and I'll talk to you soon!
Janine