Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday Evening...October 17th

12th day of healing......

Today Linda went to the "new" doctor....to be her "regular" doctor (the previous one had quit the business)....not much the new doctor can do at this point as Linda is in the middle of cancer treatments and all.....but the good news is she is there now in case Linda needs her. Linda added some drama to the visit by becoming nauseated in the middle of the doctor visit......a quick nausea shot cured that...and Linda got a flu shot also as the doctor felt Linda didn't need to get the flu in the middle of things.

Linda's friend Judy...our insurance agent too....stopped by to visit this morning.....the hour was reasonable but I'd had a restless night because of my shoulder and slept in....so we were still in bed at a time we normally would have been "up and at it".......anyway Linda and Judy had a good visit...and a good picture. Sometimes I remember to take a picture of visitors and sometimes my "old timers" takes over and I forget..so there is no design to not take a picture of someone who visits..just wish I remembered more to do so.

Tomorrow we meet with the radiation oncologist..not sure what it all means..perhaps he just wants to check on Linda's condition.

It looks like our motorhome will have it's warranty issues resolved by this weekend...Linda wants to take it to the "valley" to visit family but be close to home in case problems arise.....also the wedding reception is on the 28th so we will be close to attend that.

Dave

2 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Just wanted to say "hello" today. Can't let you have 0 comments!!

Love to you both!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Dave,
We have arrived home and are truly enjoying the cool weather and the ability to wear warm clothes! We ended up with an over night layover in San Francisco and needed a couple of days rest to get ourselves going again.

The wedding was wonderful and planned perfectly. When the last note of Jenn and Jim's song and dance ended the fireworks started. It was like being in the movies! The most uncomfortable part was the humidity. It was so high the soles came off my shoes and glue on my watch melted as well and my watch ended up in pieces! I came home with my shoes in pieces as well! There were lots of stairs and a steep driveway so I know you made the right decision. You would have needed to be carried at best.
Wanted you to know I sort of stepped in and took your place for Jim. I carried both of our flowers and instead of sitting where the mother of the bride would sit, I became your proxy and sat where the mother of the groom would sit. I asked Jim if that would be OK with him and he assured me it would be great. I tried to be you in spirit and threw kisses from both of us! I have to admit I shed a few tears for both of us as well.
Thinking of you each day and sending a good word to"the Big Guy" to help with your recovery.
[The tape with the fentenal patch is a good idea. Chad wore one for over three yers and we learned all those tricks. He now has an internal pain pump to help with pain control in his back and legs. We are going to try an internal electronic pain stimulator as well. Lets face it, pain sucks!!]
Love and hugs....