Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Evening.....October 18th

Day 13 of Healing........turning the corner?

Today Linda started out in the doldrums (her term).......to her this meant she was a bit "down"....having to "tube feed" which dominates her day...etc. etc.

My experience...first of all..the "doldrums" was an old sailing term we once learned about being in the "calm ".....and how my experience was much different than hers....I see the pain level going down each day....."gut aches" that continue but each doctor seems to think it is something that goes along with the "feeding"...and that if the "gut aches" have come to the forefront...it might be because other things like the pain level..are decreasing. I think it also has to do with an impatience...which isn't bad as a week ago, Linda didn't really care...now she is more alert and more aware of the side effects of all this. I think she is progressing well.....but again, I'm not the patient.

Today we went to Bend to meet with the radiation oncologist..and also had a good meeting with Pastor Paul...he offered words of encouragement and is there for the long haul to assist Linda...thanks much to him.


Linda also met with building partner, Sean while waiting for the oncologist.....Sean is carrying much of the load while Linda is ill...not an easy task with the building slump the way it is.....


Linda even had time to have the xray department nurses in the hospital retape her nose.....get some more cans of "tube food" from the Home IV folks and get her "labs" done for the upcoming CTscan on the 29th.

Then we met with the radiation oncologist...his summary: EXCEPTIONAL........he thinks Linda is doing great....even with the side effects she is weathering.....he was very impressed. He is scheduling her next meeting for 6 months from now!......of course the main action now is again with the medical oncologist...but it felt good to hear good news.

Linda is experimenting with eating again tonight...and did a ENSURE in a milkshake form...it was more pain to drink it but the pain wasn't lingering...a plus for sure......she is waiting to see the longer term effects and tomorrow will work to get more though the mouth.

Dave

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda/Dave:

We're praying for ya girl! Glad to see the improvement. Things are looking up. Take care.

Ron Morlan

Lindy said...

Linda and Dave- Hang in there. You are both so strong and so lucky to have each other. You are an amazing couple. Glad to see new pictures of miss Linda. You look so good and always seem to amaze me with your strengh and good attitude. We are praying for you always!!!
Love, Lindy and Fam

Anonymous said...

Just got back from the second night of Crossover. I think of you both more than I think you would guess. I know I have been out of touch and have to tell you that I am so pleased that things seem to be looking up. Linda, you are amazing in your guts and access to your power. Dave, you are such a model of love and support AND a good guy on top of all that means for your relationship with Linda and others.Take care of both of you. I am glad I know you. Bev

Cheryl Jones said...

So great to hear the radiation oncologist's evaluation!! I'll always worry when you come up for those kinds of appointments, just because of how things went with my mom. So very, very happy to hear that you're doing well and everything is on track!

You're making remarkable progress. So very proud of you!

Came across that photo of the 3 of us at Long Beach GP a few years ago (the one I gave you a copy of recently). Let's take another picture like that next year!

Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys...I have been out working like a wild woman and came back to check in. Sounds like you are improving missy...not quite ready for chocolate chip cookies though. My love to you both. Last night I saw my oncological nurse, Rose, for the first time in 23(28 years since my cancer)years and we remembered each other with hugs and laughter. I hope you have the same experience many times!!! Kris King