Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday Evening....December 12th, 2007

Back to town today....again....

Linda is having a pretty good day...just as she had the day after the chemo in the first cycle. If all holds to form she will have a good day tomorrow with the bone pain beginning tomorrow night.. The Oncologist is having her start the steroids tomorrow in preparation for the bone pain so hopefully the pain will be reduced.

Today my blood pressure skyrocketed again..so off to the doctor we went. This hypertension is scary stuff....particularly when the numbers get so high. The doctor increased my medication ...gave me pills to lower the fluids in the blood and gave me "rescue" pills to take if the pressure gets too high....I am dropping off the pressure records I am taking Friday with him as Linda will be visiting the Oncologist nurse to deal with preventing the blood pressure drop she had in the last cycle. Tomorrow she also visits with the Internist to discuss the blood pressure issues that showed up in the first cycle.

We are trying to ease these symptoms as they have become quite scary to us...and most likely led to my hypertension.......hence the efforts.

Dave

2 comments:

Wendy Soethe said...

Wow, I get a few days behind with the blog and don't talk to you and look what is going on...I hope, Dad, your blood pressure stablizes this week and Linda, you have minimal side effects this time after Chemo, since you had maximum last time. Seems fair to me! You are both in our prayers daily and we'll be really specific now about the hypertension in addition to the chemo side effects. Looking really forward to Christmas at your house. Love, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Disneyland has NO ride to compare to the one you two have been on! Hoping that the BP meds are the ticket to straightening out the roller coaster of your lives.
Marilyn