Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Evening..Super Bowl...February 3, 2008

Day 12 of 21 Days...Another "bit better day"...here's the "star" to relate the details:

Dave is excited. His Giants won! I didn't really care, so I didn't get too wound up.

It snowed again off and on all day. I'm ready for a break from it and don't want to have a problem in a week when we have to get over the pass to fly to Florida. Boy, am I ready for that sun!

I did feel better today. I don't feel so emotional which really helps and I'm less weak than a couple days ago, too. The nice thing about it now is that I know there's no reason for me to go backward, so each day forward, I should just keep feeling better. For a while I was worried I wouldn't have the energy to pack for the trip and would need a wheelchair at the airport, but I just may make it on my own after all.

Thanks for all the great comments. You guys bring me to tears (happy ones) with all your supportive comments. We're almost at the end!

Love and gratitude.....Linda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave wasn't the only one cheering on the Giants. That was a great game! Linda, it is so wonderful to hear that you are getting stronger each day. That Florida sun is just waiting to re-engergize you! Can't wait to give you a hug in person. April will be here before we know it.....and it will probably STILL be cold here at that time so I will be happy to see you in Long Beach.
Happy healing.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

So Happy to hear things are getting better, slowly but surely..
I am so proud of you two, and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work.. With much love and respect, Lil Sis

Anonymous said...

What a great game! Good to hear you are getting better. We will keep our prayers coming.

Ron & Cathy Morlan

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo... Way to go Giants!!! Glad Dave was rooting for them. :)

Good to hear that you're feeling better too, Linda. Soon enough, you and Dave will be able to fly down to Florida for some much needed sun and healing. Keep believing as you are almost at the finish line! :)

Have a great week!

Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Dave was cheering for the Giants knowing they are from NY and so are we!! WAY TO GO GIANTS!!!! I'm SO glad Linda is feeling better and hopefully all is well with you also Dave!! Can't wait to see you guys in Florida in April - it's been an entire year and alot has happened since we last saw you!!

Dave & Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hope every day you grow stronger. You are in our thought and prayers. Hopefully the warm Flordia will make you and Dave feel better.

Love and God's Blessings
Al & Barb

PTRacing said...

I'm glad your starting to feel better Linda. Just feeling the warm sun down in Florida should make you feel even better. And then the Champ Car season will be just around the corner.

Sending Prayers as always
Wayne

KatieB said...

Hey guys!

I MISSED you in Daytona! We felt your postive thoughts for Jimmy and they powered the team to a second place finish!! YAHOO!!! Finally!

I can't wait to see you at Long Beach..congratulations on your success and determination...both of you!

Have a safe trip to Florida!

Linda..by the way..maybe you should try out the wheelchair in the airport...SO YOU CAN BOARD the PLANE FIRST!!!!!!!hee hee

Anonymous said...

Linda,

So happy to hear you are feeling better. You are in my thoughts every day (my prayers too). You will continue to heal until one day you will wake up and this will all be behind you. It can't come soon enough. Have a great trip to Florida and see you soon.

Love ya.

Ginnie