Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday....January 26th...2011

Part Three of Linda's Eulogy presented by her children...tomorrow the final part 4...then we have the stories from her 5 special friends...

In 1980 we moved to Salem to start another chapter of mom's life with a new husband Dave an two new daughters Wendy and Julie.

Mom became heavily involved in her sorority where she met several of her life long friends. I remember many times when her sisters and friends would come over to play games and leave Jim and myself to the upstairs to watch movies.

I also recall the party that Dave threw for mom's 40th birthday calling it her over the hill party. It was complete with balloons, gag gifts and everything being black.

During this time mother had found a love for building. Her first experience was in taking the lead in building our house in Salem. That in which lead to many rentals in the Salem area a vacation house in Sisters with her parents and on to a career and business in custom homes. Mom made her hobby and passion into a job. Mom was a strong woman, she learned fast playing in the male dominated world of construction but she always earned and received their respect.

In June of 1988 following my high school graduation we moved to Sisters Oregon where Dave had moved for six months prior for his job. Mom was always the one to not be selfish. It was in central Oregon where mom embarked on yet another journey of her life.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I totally remember when you threw the "Over the Hill" party for Linda!

Michael Herman said...

Dave,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and just dont have the right words to express my sympathy for you and Linda.

I will remember the great times I got to spend with you both at the races, and still treasure them dearly.

You are so brave, and only wish I had seen this earlier to express my thoughts.

Mike H