Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday....February 20th...2009

Much easier day today...with a lot accomplished....Linda is finding the medication to be effective....good news! she just has to learn to take the 2nd pill sooner than 12 hours.....so tomorrow she will try 11 hours.....she didn't cough all day until this evening. Linda is very thankful for the pulmonologist and his insights...

Tomorrow we will participate in an open house at our spec house that hasn't sold.....boy, if we found a buyer it would lift a great weight off us.....Linda has had to arrange refinancing for another year on the house which has been stressful as the banker we have had for years is gone...a victim of the economy.....we now have to deal with people we don't know in Portland....the loan is finally coming through.

You like cartoons....here's another....in this case the 5th doctor was right....

6 comments:

Cheryl Jones said...

Ah! Glad to see some good news! So very, very happy someone seems to finally have gotten a handle on all that coughing.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sale on the spec house. Who knew we'd end up in this kind of economic climate?

Still, make sure you do take more time to rest, relax and get away from the world for a little bit here and there. You both deserve a bit of a break from time to time.

Love to you both, as always.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Linda! Here's Louise Hay's affirmation for today:

Today I give myself permission to do absolutely nothing!

go for it!!! It's what I did yesterday -- decided the headache (chronic problem for me) was my body's way of saying "STOP!" So I finished a jigsaw puzzle, read some more of the book about the creation of the Moog synthesizer, did fold laundry, chatted with a dear friend, and generally meditated/navel-gazed my way through the day. Today I got energy to spare. A nothing day turned out to be a recharging day.

Wrapping you in that golden glow of healing love and peace!! You go, girl!

Susie

Anonymous said...

Linda, This is Marilyn Davis from St. Paul. I have been following your blog and want you to know that I think of you and Dave so often. Remember when we graduated from the 8th grade we both had the same dress with the huge bulky selves (blue). Did your Mom make those for us? I feel like I know Dave he does such a great job with the blog. You make a terrific team. Hang in there and know that my prayers are with you.

Kim & Ernie said...

Good to hear a little good news.

I bet it must be hard to hear "hang in there...keep fighting...etc" everything we are all telling you. But today I noticed something I haven't noticed. The dates off to the left of the blog. I went back and re-read some of your earlier blogs.

You both have traveled a long journey since June 2007. Up, down and everywhere. Take a look back when you have a little resting time.

I'm gonna end my comment today with...go ahead and scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You deserve a good scream!

Love Ya

Kim & Ernie

Anonymous said...

As the one who is more often than not the only one out of step, your cartoon really made me chuckle. So glad to hear that your week ended on an up note.

Marjorie

Anonymous said...

Hope you had some action with the Open House......
We had yet another snowstorm in the Midwest. Our snowblower is going to go on strike pretty soon.
Trying to stay warm and sunny on the inside.....
Marilyn