Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday...February 15th....2009

Hhhhhheeeerrrrreeeeeesssss Linda......

Thank you for hanging in here with me. I feel like I've gone from a posse to an army. I didn't realize how many of you were still paying attention until the news of my cancer return was put on the blog and all the comments showed up. How happy I was, because do I ever need you all now!

Son Jim and wife Jenn volunteer time for a cancer fighting organization, and tonight they had a fund raising event at the pub that Jim manaages. We and daughter Janine went to it and played Bingo for cancer. I can't tell you how many games we played, but nary a Bingo. There were people there than won multiple games, but it wasn't our night. It was for a good cause, though.

Tomorrow is daughter Janine's birthday, which I rarely get to experience personally since I'm usually in Florida. It will be great to have the opportunity to take her to dinner this year and fix her a birthday dessert. She's a big cheerleader for me this round, working hard to keep my spirits up.

Long day, so bedtime for me!

Love and gratitude........Linda
.
Linda...the "Bingo Lady".....
.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooh so good to hear from you, Linda. I hope you didn't have to wrestle Dave for access to the computer. John and I had dinner the other night with Gary and Linda Anderson. They are CCIC friends who were much appreciated helpers on the sidelines when we played Dave and Linda at the Champ Car activities. We met them through the fan club and have the two of you to thank for our friendship.
I think of you daily and wish for you only the best. Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Marilyn

Storman Norm said...

Oh yah! how can you call yourself the bingo lady, when you can't even win a game? Maybe a bingo want-a-be lady would be more like it.
Okay sis, what ever works is find. I will be seeing you the first week in March and don't forget, warm temp., is what i am looking for.
Norm