Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday...February 14th...2009

Linda started the day by doing her nap in the morning...for two hours....who knows what that was all about...then we went on a "shopping spree" and bought next to nothing....but I wheeled her around Costco in a wheel chair....saving her energy...she was a bit hesitant at first but it worked well.....you can't imagine how many people jumped out of our way...not too bad....and I hear rumors one with a wheel chair goes to the head of the line....hmmmm...we might be on to something.

Linda didn't start coughing til evening...she actually thought maybe there was a reprieve...it still was better than most days.

We exchanged our personal valentines as we have in the past....Linda reflected on the day we got together in the beginning of our relationship and her appreciation for the time we have left together. I noted the "shift" in our lives and reflected on the new realities we face and the optimism I want to have for our future. I also reflected on Linda's strength and courage and how she looks for the good in life. I believe our best days in our relationship lie ahead.

We hope your Valentine's Day was as fullfilling as ours was....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I saw Slumdog Millionaire for Valentine's Day-great movie. Doesn't sound like a movie for such an occassion, but if you HAVE seen it, you know what I mean. John left saying that he is glad he doesn't live in India. I presume that you will be watching the Daytona 500 today. We had plans to do likewise until we were called into "Grandparent Mode" for the day. We are leaving in a few minutes to do that.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Dear David and Linda: The only thing missing from our Valentine's Day was the two of you. We kept our promise and lifted our glasses of water to you daily. We even laughed extra at the really funny juggler in your honor Linda. We know what you think of THEM! We are replete from fine food, fine time, and very glad to be home to rainy but warmer Florida.

We send you HEALING vibes on wings of love. Grace and Frank Dick and Ann and Joe too.

Unknown said...

Linda and Dave...I will miss you two again..I am in Corvallis this weekend testing for a study I am involved in...
You two make us readers realize what Valentines Day is really meant to be!!
I am leaving you a prayer that is one of my favorites..I can't remember who sent it to me, but I loved it.
I asked the Lord to bless you as I prayed for you today.
To guide you and protect you as you go along your way......
His love is always with you, His promises are true, and
when we give Him all our cares, you know He will see us
through. Amen