Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday....February 22nd....2009

Today was a quiet, restful day for Dave and I. Dave watched the long (as usual) Nascar race on TV while I retired upstairs for a peaceful nap and then catching up on TV shows I was behind on. I don't get to watch all my favorite shows as we have Dish Satellite and they don't have a contract with ABC right now.

Dave gave me a new book yesterday called "My Heart has Wings" by our good friend Kris King who owns Wings Seminars. I do a lot of reading these days, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this book.

I am so excited to be on the morphine for my cough and without any side effects that I am aware of. I have had a few episodes of coughing today, but compared to what I had pre-medication, I am quite happy with the quality of life improvement.

It's been great to read comments from you new bloggers and hearing from old friends. I can't tell you what it does for my morale. I feel so blessed.

Love and gratitude.....Linda

http://www.krisking.org/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished watching the Academy Awards. If you haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire, I highly recommend it. I want to make a point of seeing more of the movies that were nominated.
It is music to my ears to read your words about the improvement you are feeling in the cough management dept. I continue to update John....he's just not a blog-reader, but he sends you a big "Hello." Hope you can get back to Florida as planned. Thanks for taking some time to share with us tonight.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a restful weekend, and am so glad to hear that the medication is helping control the cough. Hope this week is both relaxing and uneventful.

Love,
Jim and Swee

Unknown said...

Linda, great to hear from you. I am so happy to hear that the coughing is fading.
I hope the chemo is less debilitating this time around. You know you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers...

Julie Miles said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you have your cough under control. Imagine you are looking forward to your trip to Florida. The warm weather will feel so good to you. Love you, Ginnie