Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday....July 10th...2009

Day 14 of The Great Nebraskan Adventure....Marlin drove all to Mount Rushmore...then around the Needle Hiway etc., etc......then 251 miles to Sheridan, Wyoming.....tomorrow west to Yellowstone.

Linda here, thinking it was time I checked in again. It was a day full of adventure and great scenery. I hadn't been to Mt. Rushmore in about 20 years and it has really changed as far as tourist amenities. We did a lot of walking and climbing there, so I am more worn out than I have been on this trip. It was still worth the energy I spent. I didn't remember South Dakota had such beautiful areas. The trees and rock outcroppings were spectacular.

I feel sad to have left Nebraska, as I had such a wonderful time. I want to take this chance to thank all my wonderful family members that came to all the reunions to see me. I can't begin to tell you how much it meant to me to visit with you all. The memories will keep me happy and grateful for a long time. I pray that it won't be the last visit with you. Thank you again.

Love and gratitude........Linda
.
ps...looks like Linda might have caught a cold like illness...it has wiped her out tonight...she thought it was being tired and the cough due to the cancer but now it looks cold like...she got warned after the fact that this might have happened....now we will monitor closely to make sure no fever or anything as we are unsure of the white blood cell counts....she went to bed early....
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you for making the long journey to Nebraska to visit all of us. It was a great time, and we, too, pray that it won't be your last visit to Nebraska.
I'm glad that you are enjoying the sightseeing. Isn't there a lot to see in our great country? Friends have just returned from Glacier Nat'l Park and tell me that I need to see it some day. I had never been to Yellowstone until 2001. I haven't seen the Columbia River in Oregon so I may be coming your way next year. Safe travels.
Love,
Ruth Ann

Marjorie said...

The pictures of Mt. Rushmore did not disappoint although I am sure sorry to hear about the cold. I had thought Linda looked tired in yesterday's pictures even though you said she felt fine. Maybe it has been coming on for a bit. Let's hope that means it's just a mild bug and will leaves just a stealthily (is that a word?) as it came.

I have never been to Yellowstone either so anticipation runs high on this end of the computer for your adventures tomorrow. Be well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you may have caught something, Linda... hope you were able to get some good rest last night. Take care of yourselves (plural, meaning you too, Dave and Sadie), and hope the rest of your trip is simply as awesome as what it's already been so far.

Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Linda, seeing you surrounded by all that love has been inspiring. It is not just the scenery on your trip that has put smiles on our faces. Yellowstone was an awesome place to visit in winter, which I did with a college friend several Januarys ago. Say "hello" to the bison that wanted to charge us as we walked on the wintry footpath. I am sure he has a better disposition in the summer.
Take care and may that cold be blown away by the beautiful views.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Well now you are headed to my old stomping grounds! Yellowstone is beautiful this time of year. Spent a lot of my youth up there. Hope you have a wonderful time on this next leg of your trip.

Ginnie

Anonymous said...

How did they ever get Marlin and Linda carved into that rock at Mt. Rushmore? The likeness is just amazing!

You are packing alot into your memory stick - take good care of yourselves and rest up for the rest of the trip.

Love you,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Linda I haven't commented for awhile because I too had that cold. cough, virus. It wiped me out so I hope you bounce back better than I did. All I wanted to do was sleep...but kept saying to myself "what would Linda do?" and got up and kept moving..I think it helped. The pictures are wonderful. Thanks Dave!
What a wonder adventure.

Claudia

Anonymous said...

Rest, breathe deeply, relax, remember all the energy and love and great times with family/friends in Neb. and use that energy to balance yourself back into ever-increasing perfect health. And know that I've got you wrapped in the golden glow of healing light, looking to ease and dispel the cold-like whatever, sending it on its way.

Meanwhile, having started running again, I'll just sit here at home this eve with a very twisted ankle. Just call me Gracie.

Susie

Anonymous said...

I knew you would enjoy Mt. Rushmore. They have done so much to many it a very memorable sight. Through your pictures we are again excited about the sights.
Sorry to hear about your cold. Could be change of climate too.
Will be waiting for the Yellowstone pictures. We have never been there so that may be the next trip.
Take care have a lot of chicken soup and alot of Dave's tender loving care.
Love,
Janet