Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday....July 13th...2009

Day 17....Back to The great Nebraskan Adventure....279 miles to Boise, Idaho

After a day "off", we've met back up with Marlin and Joni and traveled to Boise....they did a 10 hour day yesterday seeing the rest of Yellowstone and venturing into Grand Tetons National Park....while we rested...and rested...and did small chores.

Linda is feeling a bit stronger...still very sick with the bronchitis and she believes a sinus infection (not uncommon for her)....we just have to "sit" it out till the antibiotics do their thing. She is sleeping at the moment.

Tomorrow we are completing our last "leg" of the trip..back to Sisters, Oregon....the Adventure will be completed....the good news is tonight we are parked close to the Rasmussens (Marlin and Joni)....we stayed at this park on our way to Nebraska and warned the owner that we might not be speaking at the end of the trip and would need spots at opposite ends of the park...but we are still talking so no need for that.

3 comments:

Ebbers said...

It's good to hear that Linda is feeling better, though only a little.

Luke's Mom took me into an Urgent care after dropping off Mom at the airport this morning.

Same thing... sinus infection, bronchitis... for the first time I am needing an inhaler because my bronchial tubes were/are closing up. I didn't even realize I was wheeeeeezing. Please keep a look-out for Linda maybe having the same problem with her tubes...

Spending time with you two was a beautiful moment in my life. I learned a lot about myself. I wish it wasn't such a blessing for me and a curse for you.

I know... you don't want me blaming myself. That's just how loving and gracious you two are.

I love you both.

P.S. Work gave me another two days off to recover. I love my employers.

Marjorie said...

Progress is our most important product (was that GE?). It's most important now for you guys. Not how much, just the existence of it as Linda gets better. These things can knock out anyone so don't be discouraged.

Glad you made it back nearly to the beginning. If the spirit moves you, you can always see the Grand Tetons another time. They seem to be a lot closer than the rest of your adventure.

You can tell I'm geographically challenged when it comes to the western US.

All the best.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home...Linda, I hope "home" makes you feel better.
Are you staying put for a few days?

claudia