Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday....July 1....2009

Day 5 of the Great Nebraskan Adventure.......418 miles (Ugggg!!)
.
We saw Wyoming on Hiway 80 from one end to the other....with the last 20 miles into Nebraska....tomorrow we reach our destination (the first of two Nebraskan destinations)......2 days in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Linda was a great navigator today....."go on 80 all day.....take exit 22 in Nebraska and we are there"......and then she read a book all day.....no grounds to "fire her" today.

Saw lots of antelope.....and lightning.....and flat Wyoming land (ok a few hills).

Saw a LOT of Marlin's back end of his 5th wheel.....
.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi lovebirds - glad you made it safely out of Wyoming! You are looking darned good so apparently haven't gotten too bored with the road life yet.

I'm off to Oregon in the morning so will make certain it is still doing ok without you.

Enjoy Nebraska!

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

WOW, I love it. What an adventure. I went to the emergency room last nite for stomach pain which turned into Gallstones. Yeah... I have to have my gallbladder removed. I an unemployed, and no medical. This ought to be interesting. I dont qualify for Medical thru welfare cuz I make to much money thru unemployment. So I Dont Know. But the Dr. told me I need this operation within two weeks. Or things could get real painful. So I am very envious of your vacation. I was loving the fact that so far physically I was fine. Now I guess age is catchin up with me. As long as I didnt look in the mirror I was still very young..LOL. Back to reality. Love You guys. Hope you are having a womderful journey. Talk at ya soon. Vicky

Cheryl Jones said...

Vicky - Gallstones don't mean you're old!! I had mine out in my 30's. You'll feel much better without it. Hopefully, you'll find a way to pay for it and they will only do it laparoscopically, so you don't have a full hospital stay to pay for.

Dave & Linda - Thanks for the update! Looks like you're still having fun.

Love to you both, as always.