Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday...July 4th...2009

Day 8 of The Great Nebraskan Adventure....43 miles....Fremont, Nebraska.....5 nights

We are at the airport/fairgrounds here in Fremont for 5 days....great RV spot for $9/day...not bad. Tonight the local fireworks are to be here too...so we will have a front row seat.
.
Last night's dinner was to honor Jacob Stock....graduating from the International High School as well as South Eugene High school and heading to the University of Virginia. His Grandfather Lyle and Grandmother Margaret and Father Ron (Dr. Ron) and Mother Deb and Sister Isabelle and Uncle Darrell and Aunt Shar and Uncle David and Aunt Sharon, among others, were there to celebrate this intelligent, gentle and pleasant young man.

Pictures of all were in one or more of the pictures with Linda last night.
.
Linda continues to be in "high" energy....no symptoms of any problems.....

Tonight we have dinner with Linda's Cousins John and Pat Taylor (On Linda's Mother's side).

ps....in the picture with Jacob is young Colton, second cousin, who we had a good time with last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jacob -- I hope he likes my part of the world (Virginia). He'll be about a 1/2 hour away from my home town. And even though he's now a Wahoo, this Hokie wishes him good luck. :-)

L, how wonderful to see family and soak up the love and energy. How restorative and healing!!! Rest and relax, letting all the good stuff soak into your bones and soul. And think of the fireworks as a display of all our joy and happiness at your continued improving health!!!

wrapping you in the golden glow of healing love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Hope the fireworks display last night was as awesome as both of you! :)Congrats and good luck to Jacob - he definitely chose the right university to attend!

Hope your road trip continues to be a blast!

Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Must be great positive energy in the air....Dale Coyne racing won at Watkins Glen. Didn't know if you were following that sort of stuff on your trip. Good for Dale....good for Justin.
Marilyn

JO said...

Hi Linda:

One of the gals that we went to school with at Newberg High School, told me about your cancer. You and your husband are going a great job posting on your Blog. I will continue to read it to see how you are doing. I am glad that you are able to be on a trip. Isn't it nice to be able to do "normal" things?!

I also have metastatic cancer. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in '04 and it metastasized to my left pectoral muscle and some soft tissues in my chest area on '06. There has been no evidence of cancer for almost 2 1/2 years. However, the end of May, I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. I was recently in the hospital for chemo treatment and will go back in next week. I am doing very well. My daughter set up a CaringBridge site for me. If you would like to view it, the address is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/jopaola.

I wish we lived closer so we could get together. I belong to a wonderful support group for women with metastatic cancer and we meet at St. Vincent's once a week. I know you would love it. It makes you realize that you are not fighting this battle alone and we always find ourselves laughing as well as getting good medical advise.

Please know that I will be thinking of you and I am sending healing thoughts your way. Our class reunion is in September and it would be nice if we could both be there, me with my wig on and you in your cute short hair!

Love,

JO (Hooker)Paola