Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday...July 2nd...2009

Day 6....of The great Nebraskan Adventure.....We are at our first visitation site for two days.....401 miles today....now NO miles for us for 2 days...then a short hop for 5 days .

Linda really did well at navigating today...."get on exit 22...go on Hiway 80...get off exit 420"....can't fire her for that. She also used the binoculars to spot diesel prices along the way...atta girl!!!!!

Marlin let us leave first ....and then....he passed us quickly....and we never saw him again.... another thing we want to observe.....Marlin is a dairy farmer but yet came over this morning to borrow milk??????????

Linda was "stoked" today....getting closer to see relatives....this is what she really wanted....so a good day for her...
.





.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave & Linda,

Great pics! Cathy's relatives (on her mom's side) came from Strang and Geneva, Nebraska. I've been away from the computer for a couple of weeks. It is good to see your guys are out enjoying a trip across the US. Oh, I forgot to get on-line back on 23 Jun to tell you that it's been 30 years since we (Dave, Cathy & Me) were at my wedding in California. Remember? I can't believe it's been that long. We will be taking a vacation to Mexico later this summer to celebrate our anniversary. Enjoy your trip.

Love you guys,

Ron & Cathy

Anonymous said...

Looks like all of you are having a great time. We will probably drive to Lincoln later in July to help my nephew move into his new house. So sorry we will be missing you.
Marilyn

Lindy said...

Linda- Congrats on all the good news. You are amazing!!! I had to catch up on your blog and had to write you so I don't end up on the negative point list by Dave :-) Just found out that a friend of mine has thyroid cancer. Between you and her it makes me cherish all my days and when I think I am having a bad day I have to remind myself that it could be worse. Your strenth and drive for life is amazing and I truly believe that your positive attitude makes a world of differnce in your healing. Keep up the good work and I hope you can meet the new member of our family Sal who was born on April 16th weighing in at a whoppin 8lbs 6oz. Love you, Lindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is going well on your trip, and Linda's not being fired as navigator, so that's great! :) Have a wonderful time with family, and HAPPY 4th of July!

Love,
Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Hooray, you are in Big Red country.
Oh, that looks so much fun.
It will be nice to see you guys. I am off golfing this a.m.
love Janet

Anonymous said...

You look WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Healing vibes from Florida must be working overtime for you>

love grace and frank

PTRacing said...

Dave that's pretty bad when you get passed by a Dodge! Haven't you got any push to pass! LOL

Wayne