Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday....July 11th...2009

Day 15 of The Great Alaskan Adventure....200 miles to Yellowstone....through the East Entrance....now camped at the West Entrance.....Part of Yellowstone including Old Faithful done by RV today....tomorrow a whole day of exploration by truck.

Linda's health is precarious....the germs she picked up have given to increased temperatures twice today...100.3 and tonight it was 99.9. If her temperature reaches 100.5, a call has to be made to the Bend, Oregon clinic for the doctor on duty....which usually means a trip to the emergency room....except it is 80 miles away. So we are watching it closely....

If her temperature increases, it can mean that the germs are gaining on the immune system which can be compromised by the treatments for the cancer....

Our hope is everything stabilizes and she has a good day tomorrow...

.

4 comments:

John said...

Very unique blog.
Wow... Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Great day.

Anonymous said...

Geez, we were just in Alaska and didn't know Yellowstone was there too. :) We hope Linda does not have a bug and was just tired.

Liz and Jack

Ebbers said...

I feel so...

guilty... so...

terrible...

I wish I could trade places with her. I would in an instant...

I should have left the instant I felt a tickle in the throat.

I love you so much, Auntie. Please forgive me.

Anonymous said...

Die, germs, die. I am aiming my Reiki-powered energy beam to zap you!
May all the "thermal power" be in the geysers only today! Go get chased by a bear for your excitement, Linda.
Will be thinking of the both of you as I watch the Toronto race today.
Marilyn