Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday...July 9th...2009

Day 13 of The great Nebraskan Adventure....509 Miles today....Yikes!

We left Fremont Nebraska at 6 am this morning with many miles to travel before getting to our destination in Mount Rushmore.....Nebraska to Iowa (briefly) to South Dakota (almost its entire length).

We stopped at the Missouri River and got lots of info at the Visitor's Center including a recommendation to do the loop through the Badlands National Park...which proved to be simply amazing with its formations left from erosion, creek flows and glaciers.

Linda is doing extremely well....lots of energy....and excitement for each leg of the trip.

Tomorrow its Mount Rushmore and then 250 plus miles to the outside of Yellowstone National Park.

ps....tomorrow morning the RV park has all the pancakes one can eat for a dollar....they will lose money...as we like pancakes.

pss....lots of lightning....thunder....and rain tonight...
.

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

Rain? Whazzzat? I like the lightening though, at least in small doses.

Back on topic, I cannot imagine driving more than 500 miles in one day. You both get gold endurance stars.

I can't wait to see the Mt. Rushmore pictures. It's #1 on my life list of places I would like to see in the US.

We'll probably take a driving vacation next year. Before we get too oooooooooo..... uh, what was I going to say?

Enjoy those pancakes! I love them too but mostly as an excuse to eat butter and maple syrup.

Anonymous said...

Pancakes... yummy!... So, who ate the most?? :)

Looking forward to your pics from Mt. Rushmore!

Continue having fun on your trip!


Jim and Swee

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are looking better and better!!! And I'm envious of the pancakes... sigh. such a lovely thing to breakfast or lunch or sup on.....

Susie

Cheryl Jones said...

When it comes to pancakes, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. I find that 2 is more than enough for me. I hope you can eat more than that, just so you get the best value for that $1!

Can't wait to see photos of Mt Rushmore! I know my family visited when I was just a little tyke, but of course I have no memory of it. Would like to go again sometime. Must really be something to see it in person.

Have fun! Love to you both, as always.

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying the pictures. Linda, you look soooooo good. And the pancake count is.......?
Marilyn